Thursday, June 1, 2006

BarBri Lectures

Constitutional law is the subject of the day. I have four sets of notes from the same BarBri lecture and am going through and filling in the in-class work. Amazingly, each of the four sets of notes emphasizes different things. I don't get it. Aside from a few things here and there, shouldn't notes from the same lecture be largely the same? Maybe by comparing all four I'm actually getting the live version (or at least the one on video).

I'm continuing to plug away at the MBE questions and have completed 299 on AdaptiBar and another 150 or so through my various books. All Torts, Evidence, and Criminal Law/Procedure with percentages hovering between 75 and 80%. The good news is I almost always choose the right answer on questions I missed if I happen to see them again. The bad news is that I keep missing the same types of questions. I'm particularly bad at the applying previous precedent questions. My logic just doesn't match the bar examiners on what is analogous and what is not. Even after reading the explanations I generally still think I'm right on those types of questions. But they are the all mighty so I must learn to think like them.

I woke up this morning reciting the elements of common law burglary. It was very disturbing. If I have to think about the bar exam while I am thinking, why can't my brain focus on the things I don't know rather than the things I do. It would be much more helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment