Sunday, October 31, 2010

Write in Books

Am I the only person who does this? I met a friend who is studying for the Virginia bar at Starbucks yesterday and she seemed horrified that I was writing all over my books - filling in the BarBri outlines, circling answers in the PMBR and Strategies books, underlining and highlighting rules from the explanatory answers. She was shocked that I was foregoing the opportunity to sell my materials to someone else once this experience is over. I was shocked that that would be a primary consideration for anyone. Granted, I bought my books used and they have very few markings, but I thought they came from someone who took notes on computer during class and who did the practice tests on the provided fill in the answer pages. It is true that many of my books will be unusable at the end of summer. But hopefully I will have actually learned something in the process. Keeping them clean just seems way too difficult. I'll sell my audio lectures, Conviser, and anything that still seems intact. The rest of it can go out in the rubbish bin. Or perhaps to a nice November bonfire. =)

I had a highly productive morning. Up at 6:30, finished going through Constitutional Law and answered 25 MBE questions before 9:00. Unfortunately it is now 10:18 and my studying productivity seems to have ended. Now I'm trying to prevent the cleaning bug from setting in. The laundry is in and beds are made, but Procrastination Girl wants to vaccuum and dust and mop the kitchen floor. Not to mention figure out what to make for dinner and then go and acquire the ingredients to do so. Perhaps I will listen to one CD, answer 25 more questions, and then see about switching to June Cleaver mode. Regardless of anything else I do today, I'm under strict orders to make dinner. Blah. I hate obligation cooking. I like over-the-top designed to impress cooking and there is no time for that now.

Public Service Announcement of the Day - If you haven't already consolidated your student loans, don't forget to look into it and, if it is right for you, get your application in before June 30th. Payments will be bad enough as is. No one needs the scary new interest rates on top of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment