Saturday, June 10, 2006

So Contracts Can't Be Learned in One Day

I suppose Property can't either. Which sort of screws up my plan to have all of the MBE subjects substantively reviewed before leaving for California on Wednesday. Grrr. I hate it when my plans, even my crazy plans, get off course.

The good news of the day is that I'm starting to notice when the books and the lectures and the other books contradict each other. For example, one set of books says that the Statute of Frauds applies to sales of goods of $500 or more and real estate transfers of more than one year. The other set says that the Statute of Frauds applies to sales of goods over $500 and transfers of real estates for one year or more. So why is this a good thing? It is proof that I'm actually paying attention. Unfortunately I'm not sure which source is the most trustworthy. I'm thinking Conviser because the most people use it by far and such problems would hopefully have been worked out by now. I also noticed yesterday - and unfortunately did not make a note of the exact question - that AdaptiBar and the Strategies & Tactics for the MBE book have different answers correct for at least one of the questions. Grrr again.

I'm also suffering from Mac withdrawal. I so miss my little Mac. It was sleek and cheery and never crashed. But I temporarily retired it so I could get used to a Windows piece of junk in preparation for the three days in July. It amazes me that ExamSoft doesn't run on the education computer. I think it is a plot by Bill Gates to force members of the legal profession to use PCs. Unfortunately I bought the PC before the MacBook came out and I couldn't afford the MacBook Pro (plus I'm not so sure I would be ready to trust something so new on the Bar Exam) so I might as well suck it up and continue getting used to it. But for the record, PCs suck.

Finally, I really miss coffee. I gave it up after finals because it doesn't fit with my unemployed budget and I don't own a coffee pot since I only like "fancy" coffee. I didn't even have it when I was at Starbucks, drinking tea instead out of respect for my poverty. Big mistake. I need coffee. With chocolate. And steamed milk. And whipped cream. And maybe some peppermint syrup. I'm not sure whether it should be blended together with ice in that glorious Frappucino creation or just enjoyed in a big steamy cup since I haven't been outside today. Perhaps I should go back to work a few hours a week. Then I could have coffee. And some of the other things I've been missing about the employed life.

OK, back to Contracts. I think I reached the fourth issue, performance, last night. Which makes me 3/4 of the way done. Yes, I'm going now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment