Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Miss Working

Yes, I just said that. But I do. I miss structure. I miss going out to lunch. I miss having people to talk to during the day. I miss knowing what day of the week it is. I miss the concept of weekends. On the other hand, I don't miss work itself. I'm just having trouble with this concept of the days blending together. The years of work full-time and go to school at night left me WAY over-structured. I looked forward to the weekend because I made a point of never scheduling anything before 9:00 or 10:00 so I could just drink tea in my pajamas or wander around the house like a zombie for a few hours. It isn't so much fun now that I can do it whenever I want, so long as I don't spend too much time on it. I'm sure I'll have the opposite problem once I go back to work in the fall.

This is turning out to be a very whiny post. Because now I'm ready to complain about the weather. It is so hot and sticky and dark because were are having nothing but thunderstorms. Life in the swamp is supposed to be beautiful in the spring and this spring totally sucked. There was, like, five nice days. I'm, like, so glad I'm, like, a Valley Girl by birth, 'cause I can, like, talk like that. Fer sure, fer sure.

So, once I stop grousing, contracts is going to be the subject of the day. I started last night and am going to me a concerted effort to finish a comprehensive initial review today and do the same for Property tomorrow. Then I can start reviewing the MBE subjects, writing essays, and all the rest on Monday. I'm also flying out to California for a few days next week, although books will be accompanying me so it isn't going to be all that fun. I'm ready to leave the other coast for the sunny coast. But since it will be at least three years before I can consider a permanent relocation, I'd better go back to remembering all of the things I like about the swamp: (1) fireflies; (2) free musems; (3) the baby panda; (4) cheap flowers for sale on street corners and at metro stations; (5) .... I can't even remember the rest. But I KNOW I like it here. I do.

A contract is simply an offer and an acceptance supported by consideration. Nothing to fear and nothing to make me continue to ramble on in a concerted avoidance effort. Breakfast and then to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment